Batter up and support DuPagePads First Annual Swing for 25 on Sunday, August 27, 2017 beginning at 11am. This first-ever DuPagePads softball tournament will help us “hit homelessness out of the park” while having fun competing against other teams at the Frontier Park Softball Fields in Naperville.
With the goal of raising $25,000, all donations will go directly to DuPagePads to provide life-changing support services to families and individuals who are homeless.
There are two ways join in on the fun:
1.) Start a Team
If you enjoy minor league competition and major league fun and you’re looking for a great way to help your community, follow these easy steps:
- Reserve your team spot by
Creating your team here
- Once you have created your team and paid your team entry free of $100, others can then
Join your team here
- Once you raise $500, you will be able to reserve your team’s t-shirt color preference (first come, first served)!
- Help your team meet or exceed a fundraising goal of $2,000. Teams that raise the most money will have bragging rights and a beautiful trophy to boot!
2.) Donate to Our Goal
Not able to attend? You can still make the event a success by donating to a team to help them reach their fundraising goal.
Funds raised will help enable DuPagePads to assist families and individuals who are homeless by providing housing coupled with support services and employment. Through supporting the Swing for 25, you have the opportunity to transform people’s lives.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the rules and overall details?
– There are 4 tournament softball fields that are lined with bases provided
– Umpires will be present in every field
– The tournament will have approximately 16 teams with 4 game rounds
– Games are 7 innings in length
– Each team will have a minimum of 12 players (at least 4 female players per team)
– 10 players in the field with a minimum of 4 female players
– There are no set positioning requirements (e.g., male/female alignment)
– One ball w/2 strikes is an out
– Foul ball w/2 strikes is an out
– Bat up to 12 batters with players being able to sub in and out if they choose to do so
– Each team keeps a score book
– The four best teams compete in a playoff
– If not mentioned above, Naperville Softball League Rules apply
What should I bring and/or wear?
Team t-shirts, balls and bats will be provided.
Suggestions for what to wear/bring (optional):
– Baseball pants/jeans
– Baseball cleats/gym shoes
– Water bottle
Is there an age minimum for this event?
Yes! This tournament is for ages 12 and up and all abilities are welcome to participate!
Will there be food and beverages on site?
Water and gatorade will be provided, however, grilling/cooking food is not allowed. There are often food trucks nearby during park events.
Immediately following the event, there will be a post-tournament pizza celebration from 4pm – 8pm at The Foundry, 85 Executive Dr. in Aurora generously sponsored by Salerno’s Pizza. Salerno’s Pizza will also be providing the winning team with “bonus surprise” items!
Are bathroom facilities are parking nearby?
Yes – very close to the fields.
Can I bring a tent?
Yes, however the tents must be no more that 10’x10′ and should be pop-up only.
Will there be a raffle?
Yes! We will be having a raffle where the winners will be announced between round 3 and round 4 of the tournament.
Will there be other activities for those not participating?
Yes! We will have bags sets set-up for spectators and those players who have been eliminated in earlier rounds. We want people to stick around and have fun!
Will there be a post-tournament celebration?
Can I take photos/videos? Where can I see event photos post-tournament?
Yes! Please do take photos/videos and share on social media. Feel free to “tag” our page @DuPagePads.
Event Photos will be posted on our website once the event is over.
For more questions, please contact Linda Flo at 630.517.0268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.