DuPagePads Legacy Society
Leave a lasting legacy
Become a member of the DuPagePads Legacy Society
Your donation to DuPagePads can ensure the continued success of DuPagePads while leaving a lasting legacy for you or your family.
Contributions are welcome from individuals, businesses, organizations and foundations that value the mission of DuPagePads to end homelessness in DuPage County.
Your will is one of the most powerful and popular legal instruments to leave a planned gift. There are many planned giving options that allow you to make charitable gifts, continue to meet your income needs and take advantage of current tax incentives. There are several ways to leave a planned gift to DuPagePads.
- Bequest— You can provide a future gift to DuPagePads by including a bequest provision in your will to leave a specified amount from or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities— Shares of stock or mutual funds can be gifted to DuPagePads and sold without incurring taxes.
- Charitable Gift Annuity— The Gift that Gives Back Guaranteed Income— You can transfer cash or securities to DuPagePads, and DuPagePads will pay specified amounts over a designated period of time to specified individuals. The principal passes to DuPagePads when the contract ends.
- Charitable Remainder Trust— A Flexible Life Income Gift. You can transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust, and the trust makes annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name. When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to DuPagePads.
- Life Insurance— You can transfer ownership of a life insurance policy to DuPagePads.
- IRA Beneficiary— DuPagePads can be designated as the beneficiary of your IRA.
- Real Estate— You can donate your property to DuPagePads.
Donors may choose to make either a Restricted or an Unrestricted (General) contribution. You will receive a signed receipt once your contribution is received.
Ways to give
PHONE – Please call Janelle Barcelona at 630.682.3846 x2220
MAIL – Please mail your check payable to DuPagePads:
601 West Liberty
Wheaton, IL 60187
DuPagePads is a charitable organization exempt from taxation under the U.S. Code 501 (c)(3). Donations to DuPagePads are deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes to the extent provided by law.
We strongly encourage all of our donors to seek appropriate legal counsel and this information is provided only as an overview.
Please let us know if you have already included DuPagePads in your estate plans. We would be happy to include you in the DuPagePads Legacy Society and share the benefits of membership with you.
DuPagePads is committed to ending homelessness in DuPage County.
Our solution is housing coupled with support services and employment.
Your generous gift will help support:
DuPagePads Housing Programs
- DuPagePads is the largest provider of interim (overnight) shelter in DuPage County.
- DuPagePads is the largest provider of permanent supportive housing in DuPage County.
Client Service Center
Vital support services enable individuals and families we serve to receive case management and life coaching, resources, referrals and support groups.
Financial literacy, skill assessments, job coaching and placement with area employers.
For more information or a confidential conversation, contact:
Director of Development
601 West Liberty
Wheaton, IL 60187
P: 630.682.3846 x2220