Volunteers Needed for the 13th Annual Taste of Hope
Thursday, March 7th, 2018
5:00pm-6:00pm – VIP Room
6:00pm – 9:00pm – Taste of Hope!
Drury Lane: 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
DuPagePads largest fundraiser of the year, 13th Annual Taste of Hope, will be held Thursday, March 7th at Drury Lane. To make the event successful, we are recruiting nearly 100 volunteers for a variety of tasks. Volunteers should be at least 18 years old.
Volunteers needed prior to the event:
Donations Volunteer- 15-30 volunteers needed from December 15th-January 31st
- Contact local businesses to acquire donations to be included in the auction/raffle
- You will be provided a suggested list of contacts in the area selected
- Be excited, energized and so thankful for each and every donation!
Basket Making Volunteer- 5 volunteers needed in February
- Verify all donations are included in each basket
- Assemble and decorate basket
- Exact dates to be determined closer to event
Volunteers needed on March 7th:
Day of Setup Volunteer- 5 volunteers needed 8:30am-2:30pm
- Assist with loading truck/vehicles to move baskets to Drury Lane
- Help set up Auction/Raffle Items
- Assist with setting up Restaurant Tables and Guest Tables
- Help set up Wine Pull
- Finish any last-minute tasks for Registration
- Assist with decorating for the event
Restaurant Table Assistant- 2 volunteers needed 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Monitor restaurant tables that are not staffed or staffed properly and act on behalf of them
- Clean trash up from restaurant areas
- Work directly with Chef Amaury’s assistant to ensure that restaurants are meeting health department standards
- Make sure there are enough tables, napkins, plates etc. on each table
- Watch restaurant tables buckets and dump when they are full.
Guest Registration- 10 volunteers needed 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Kindly greet each guest with a smile
- Verify guest is on registration
- Let them know which table they will be seated at and where it is located
Registration Runner- 10 volunteers needed 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Retrieve paddle number that corresponds to each guest as well as a copy of the Program Book and give to each guest. Assist Check-in Attendants as needed.
Greeter- 8 volunteers needed 4:00pm-6:30pm
- From 4:00pm-5:00pm you will be doing some last-minute tasks needed (e.g. stuff program books, put placemats and pens on each table etc.)
- At 5:00pm you will be opening doors for guests. Greeting them and showing them where their table is.
- Familiarize yourself with the map and layout of the room.
- Greeters should direct guests to the coat room, bathrooms and registration tables.
- Show guests where they can bid on Silent Auction Items; buy You Pick One raffle tickets, Tuppence raffle tickets; and to the Wine Pull.
Bar Assistant- 1 volunteer needed 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Monitor bar area and two wine tables
- Clean trash up from wine tables and bar area
- Work directly with the Drury Lane staff at bar and wine areas to make sure they have what they need
Silent Auction Helper – 5 volunteers needed 5:30pm-9:30pm, 5 volunteers needed 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Familiarize yourself with location of auction items
- Assist attendees who have questions about items or mobile bidding
- Provide security and answer questions about the silent auction items
- Assist guests in finding specific packages
- Get guests excited about packages available for sale
- Assist with checkout at the end of the evening
Extra Volunteers- 3 volunteers needed 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Assist with any and all last-minute tasks
- Allow other volunteers to take a break by covering their responsibilities
- Answer questions or direct questions to the appropriate staff member
- Be energetic!
What should I wear?: We ask volunteers to wear white shirts, black pants and comfortable shoes.
What will I eat?: Volunteers will be provided with pizza, snacks, water and soda.
Please contact Josie Mattern at firstname.lastname@example.org, 630.682.3846, ext. 3500 if you have questions about volunteering, or sign up to volunteer here:
We ask that volunteers arrive at the time listed and stay through the duration of their shift.