Interim Housing Center
DuPagePads provides emergency shelter through our Interim Housing program for those facing homelessness. The program has remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by changing the steps to access shelter, using new types and locations of shelter, and developing COVID-19 safety practices.
If you are experiencing a housing crisis resulting in homelessness and a need for shelter, please contact our Intake department to assess your needs.
- Intake hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm, Saturday (and holidays) from 8am –12pm, Closed on Sunday
- Walk-ups are seen at our offices at 703 W. Liberty Dr., Wheaton, IL.
- If you cannot make it to our location, please call 630-682-3846, option 1.
Clients receiving emergency shelter are connected to a case manager from our Access Center. The case manager assists with developing a rehousing plan to help clients leave the emergency shelter to permanent housing; they also provide additional supports to help clients access employment, financial resources, healthcare, and more. While utilizing shelter, clients also have access to meals and other basic necessities including showers, toiletries, mail service, and more.
Shelter locations are no longer posted on the website. If you are seeking shelter, please contact our Intake department.
If you are a community member that has observed someone who you are concerned is unsheltered, please notify our Street Outreach team at 630-682-3846, option 2, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. At a minimum, please leave the following information:
- Your name and contact information (for possible follow-up)
- Individual’s/Family’s Name (if known)
- Location (last seen)
- General description