Interim (Overnight) Housing Program
To prioritize everyone’s health and safety, Interim Housing locations and the Client Service Center are temporarily closed. Throughout the pandemic, DuPagePads continues to offer Interim Housing for those experiencing homelessness through a combination of hotel-based housing and newly reopened, small-capacity congregate shelter. To access shelter services, a person experiencing homelessness should visit the Client Service Center Monday – Friday from 8am – 12pm at 703 W. Liberty Dr., Wheaton, IL. Individuals and families should not go directly to a shelter or Emergency Housing location to seek admission. Due to limited shelter capacity, DuPagePads makes every effort to help anyone experiencing homelessness explore alternative housing options including provided Emergency Housing services
Established in March of 2020, DuPagePads is very grateful to the more than 1,000 donors who have contributed so far to the Emergency Response Fund. The rapid response of our community providing critical resources to directly address the immediate and ongoing unplanned impact of COVID-19 has been uplifting and incredible. On March 31st 2021 the Emergency Response Fund will transition to be a direct option for giving at www.dupagepads.org/donate and all gifts made to the fund will continue to address COVID-19 related housing and support for DuPagePads clients. To learn more about our COVID-19 reponse efforts, The Emergency Response Fund, and different ways your giving can make a lasting impact in the lives of more families and individuals please contact Chad Pedigo, Vice President of Development at 630-682-3846 ext 2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are homeless or know someone homeless please call: 866.682.3846 x2275 or email email@example.com
The Interim Overnight Housing Program offers families and individuals a safe environment. The spirit of hospitality is a priority, as well as respect for each person. Volunteers assist staff in providing dinner, breakfast, and a bag lunch; sleeping space; and support activities.
DuPagePads case managers work to engage individuals to move from crisis to self-sufficiency, including providing parenting, self-esteem and other groups/workshops and opportunities for education and employment services. Thirty sites throughout DuPage County provide shelter 365 nights a year on a seasonal basis with support from congregational and community volunteers.
- Interim (Overnight) Housing Sites are open 365 days a year and located throughout Northern, Central and Southern parts of DuPage County
- Interim Housing Sites are at a different location each night with support from volunteers
- Families can arrive at 5:30pm and doors open at 6:00pm at designated sites. Individuals can arrive at 6:30pm and doors open at 7:00pm. All Interim Housing sites close nightly at 9:30pm.
- Most locations can by reached by public transportation
- Professional staff will register people who are new to the program each night
- Family friendly sites are available from October through April in the Southern part of DuPage County
- Meals (dinner, breakfast and bag lunch)
- Sleeping arrangements (pad, pillow and bedding)
- Laundry (at limited locations)
- Showers (at limited locations)
- Hair cuts (at limited locations)
- On site medical services at selected sites (October through April)
Case Management Services:
- Intake screening/assessment services
- Alcohol and substance abuse counseling/referrals
- Daily and short-term goal planning
- Assistance in accessing eligible benefits
- Life skills support groups
- Linkages to needed health and social service solutions to regain stability
- Referrals to our Career Services
- Individualized case management (90 days)
- Career Solutions and education
- Family Outreach
- Medical Respite
- Other housing options
- Supportive Housing Program (must meet eligibility)
- Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous
- Men/Women’s support groups
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are the Interim (Overnight) Housing sites open every night?
Yes. The Interim Housing sites operate on a winter (October-April) and summer (May-September) schedule. Call 630.682.3846, option 3 to hear daily site availability or here:
What is the earliest and latest time I can arrive at an Interim Housing site if I am new?
Families can arrive at 5:30pm and doors open at 6:00pm at designated sites. Individuals can arrive at 6:30pm and doors open at 7:00pm. All Interim Housing sites close nightly at 9:30pm.
Who is eligible to use the Interim Housing Sites?
Eligible clients must have:
- Current driver’s license or state ID
- Single adults must be at least 18 year old
- During the summer months only DuPage County residents are eligible for this program
Who is NOT eligible to use the Interim Housing Sites?
Registered sex offenders and anyone found guilty of a violent felony.
Is there an Interim Housing site capacity?
Site capacity numbers are set by the local fire department and vary from site to site.
If you are in need of immediate assistance please contact us at 630.682.3846.
To report any unsheltered homeless individuals or families you observe in your community, please leave a message:
DuPagePads Street Outreach
630.682.3846, ext. 2275 OR Toll Free: 866.682.3846, ext. 2275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Contact Information (for possible follow-up)
- Individual’s/Family’s Name(s)
- Location (last seen)