Supportive Housing Program
DuPagePads Supportive Housing provides affordable apartments and support services to individuals and families. Currently DuPagePads is the largest provider of Supportive Housing in DuPage County with 107 apartment units.
Apartments are scattered sites located throughout DuPage County.
Click here to learn more about the economic benefits to Supportive Housing and how it helps communities end homelessness.
What does Supportive Housing Offer?
- Subsidized housing for individuals, families and veterans who have been homeless and meet eligibility
- Case management and 24 hour crisis intervention
- Support with children’s concerns and parenting issues
- Community referrals and information regarding mental health, addiction and physical illness
- Access to public benefit applications and supports
- Assistance to participate in volunteer, education or employment activities
- Support to join local community groups and organizations – the opportunity to become productive members of the community
What are Supportive Housing Apartments?
- One or two bedroom apartments
- Furnished and move in ready
- Accessible to public transportation
- Handicap accessible if appropriate
Criteria required to be a resident of Supportive Housing:
- A permanent documented disability due to a physical or mental condition or addiction
- Documented homelessness of one current year or longer or four separate episodes within the past three years
- The ability to live independently in the community without medical supervision
- Willingness to pay 30% of income towards rent
Supportive Housing Offices
- 1032 Maple Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60516;
- Case Manager: 630.682.3846, ext. 1000
- 705 West Liberty, Wheaton, IL 60187;
- Director, Supportive Housing, 630.682.3846, ext. 3460
- Supervisor, 630.682.3846, ext. 3440
- 5 Olympus Dr, #1B, Naperville, IL 60540;
- Case Manager: 630.682.3846, ext. 5560