National Volunteer Week is Here!
We want to thank and acknowledge our 4,000 volunteers for their dedicated support of our mission to end homelessness. Last year, DuPagePads volunteers donated over 78,000 hours of service, equivalent to 38 full-time employees!
Last year alone, our agency and the commitment and dedication of our caring volunteers helped make it possible to provide 41,036 nights of shelter (an average of 112 people a night) and 130,335 meals (an average of 357 meals a day) for people who might otherwise go without safety, sustenance and support. Through your generosity and partnership, we are further than ever before in our mission to end homelessness. Last year, 365 individuals obtained a place to call “home”; or permanent housing for one person every day of the year!
YOU ARE A LIFESAVER. For over 31 years, you have supported DuPagePads by serving 29,670 individuals including 3,086 children. We are truly grateful for this most dedicated support. Here are some quotes from our program participants:
- “Thank you so much for being there for me when no one else was, and for helping me get back on my feet.”
- “Thank you for sacrificing time out of your lives to help the unfortunate, despite us being strangers; this is the greatest gift.”
- “Thank you to all who come out every night; you listen to us when we have problems, you give us your support, and if there is something we need, you help us as much as you can.”
- “Thank you for taking time out of your own lives to help the homeless with food, shelter, and kindness.”
- “I want to thank you for a wonderful meal, it was hearty and wholesome, reminiscent to a time when a family meal meant everything.”
Interested in becoming a DuPagePads volunteer? We need your help this summer.
Our three greatest needs are:
- Individual volunteers to fill overnight shifts (9:00pm – 12:00am, 12:00am – 3:00am, 3:00am – 6:00am)
- Groups to cover full overnights at our Interim (Overnight) Housing Sites. We are seeking current volunteer groups that would like to continue through the summer or new partners with congregations, civic groups or clubs. As many know, volunteering for DuPagePads is a great service opportunity, supporting an amazing mission and providing meaningful experiences to all.
- Volunteer at Summer Festivals: Now recruiting RibFest (Naperville), Grovefest (Downers Grove) and Ale Fest (Naperville)
Thank you for your hospitality, support, and partnership in our mission to end homelessness. As one program participant added, “Thank you for my makeover: new shoes, a warm coat, a place to go, a new direction… just for everything.”
Happy Volunteer Week!