Thank You Volunteers! – National Volunteer Week 2018
National Volunteer Week is here – April 15th-21st!
We want to thank our 4,000 volunteers for their dedicated support of our mission to end homelessness. Last year these volunteers donated 76,033 hours of service, the equivalent of 37 full-time employees!
With their astounding donation of time and talents, DuPagePads was able to have the following impact this past year:
- Interim (Overnight) Housing was offered 365 nights a year and 39,978 nights of shelter were provided;
- 127,248 meals were served, an average of 349 a day for those who might otherwise go without; and
- 383 people moved from a pad on the floor, to a key in the door!
We are truly grateful for the transformations your support helps make possible, but we are not the only ones.
Our clients share their appreciation:
- “Thank you for giving your time to help people in need. You are truly appreciated and I want to thank you for your selfless acts of kindness.”
- “Thank you for being there when I had no one else to turn to.”
- “Thank you volunteers for your kindness, patience and generosity”
- “You have been a ray of hope in our lives. Thank you!”
- “From the bottom of my heart, Thank you! You come out in the cold and snow, showering us with your hospitality and kind hearts.”
- “I appreciate your time and most of all your warm smiles.”
- “My daughter was so impressed by the kindness we received at the overnight sites from volunteers and scouts that when she was asked what she wanted to do in the future she said, ‘Donate Food.’ Now that we are in housing, she has joined the Girl Scouts.”
Interested in becoming a DuPagePads Volunteer? …We need your help this summer!
Our four greatest needs are:
- Individual volunteers to fill overnight shifts (such as 10:00pm –1:00am, 11:30pm-2:30am, 2:30am – 5:30am) Click HERE to see a current list of needs
- Groups to provide all the volunteers and meals for a site once a month. We are seeking current volunteer groups that would like to continue through the summer, or new partners like congregations, businesses, civic groups and clubs. It is a great team-building and service opportunity!
- Meal Donations – Breakfast, dinner and sack lunches.
- Volunteer at Summer Festivals – Now recruiting RibFest volunteers – Click HERE for Info