New Advisory Council for the Career Employment Solutions Program
Recently a new advisory council met to discuss ways to improve employment opportunities and career solution programming for DuPagePads clients.
At the first meeting, members discussed strategies to increase community awareness of DuPagePads Career Employment Solutions Program and steps for improving relationships with local employers to increase job opportunities for clients. The council also explored effective ways to improve job retention among program participants.
Additionally, the council reflected on ways to increase awareness and improve outcomes for the Short Term Housing Employment Program (STEP). This program provides temporary housing to those who homeless and employed working overnight shifts. In addition to a place to rest and clean up, this program also includes case management, job coaching and a savings account. Last fiscal year this program served 12 individuals of which 11 retained employment 90 days or longer, 92% of those served.
Members of the Advisory Council include:
- Carol Simler, DuPagePads President & CEO;
- Lutisha Jefferson, DuPagePads Career Director;
- Carlos Johnson, DuPagePads Career Specialist;
- Kathy Birkett, DuPagePads Board of Directors Member and Educational Consultant;
- Denise Andrews, Retired Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- Patti Romanowicz, Founder/Career Consultant at Evolution Career Consulting
- Chris Simler, Senior Consultant with Disability Solutions at Ability Beyond.
Utilizing real-world experience and best practices, through quarterly meetings the council will continually offer bold solutions to optimize the effectiveness of the program.
“I’m so impressed with the talent and energy this council is bringing to the table to help us strengthen our relationships in the community – ultimately enabling us to assist our clients in obtaining a career and financial stability,” Carol Simler, DuPagePads President & CEO shares.