Spring into Action for DuPagePads – Spring Volunteer Opportunities!
Spring is coming! Soon we will say farewell to the harsh winter weather that has taken a toll on us all. As the weather warms up, consider springing into action for DuPagePads. Our volunteers, donors and community supporters are essential to our mission to end homelessness. Please consider helping us in the following ways:
- Volunteer– Warm weather is right around the corner and with many people traveling during the Spring and Summer months, we need your help at our overnight sites. Register as a volunteer and check out our convenient online volunteer training, www.dupagepads.org, covering volunteer responsibilities, crisis intervention and more.
2. Galaxy Bowl– This out-of-this-world event is open to all earthlings, big or small! Gather up your team and help us STRIKE back against homelessness on April 12, 12:00-3:00pm at Fox Bowl in Wheaton. Teams should consist of 5 members who are willing to shoot for the stars and raise $500 to support our mission. Participants receive t-shirts, pizza, soda, ice cream and fun! Questions? Contact Sarah Swiston at email@example.com or 630.682.3846, ext. 2420.
3. Donate– During this winter’s subzero temperatures and constant snowfall, DuPagePads kept the safety of program participants as a top priority. Families and individuals were provided transportation to sites and the Client Service Center. The unusually harsh winter significantly impacted our transportation budget for this year. Any support you can provide would be appreciated!
Fundraising can be fun. Feel free to get creative – below are some original donation ideas our supporters have organized:
- Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (WDSRA) Aktion Club sold handmade dry soups and chocolate chip cookie filled jars. After volunteering at the overnight sites, they chose DuPagePads as a recipient of the $500 they raised.
- Ben Hall and Riya Uppal created a cookbook to sell donating all proceeds to DuPagePads. The two have more than 500 copies and have since created a sequel! If interested in supporting them, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carol Stream Public Library hosted a Jeans Day, where staff members had the opportunity to wear jeans when they made a donation for DuPagePads. What could be better than a casual work day?