What are you doing this Thanksgiving? Start your day with a morning Walk or Run at the 30th Annual Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot in Elmhurst. The race starts at 9:00 AM on Park Avenue and Adell place. To register, visit www.dangibbonsturkeytrot.com. We hope you can be a part of this exciting event with us! Proceeds from this race will benefit area charities, including DuPagePads and our mission to end homelessness.
The Turkey Trot is a 5K (3.1 miles) which takes place through the streets of Elmhurst. Participants who have registered before November 23rd also receive a T-shirt. Want to save some time race day? Runners will be able to pick up their bib and t-shirt on Saturday, November 23rd from 1-5 PM at Knights of Columbus, located at 537 S. York, Elmhurst.
The race will begin at a new location: the intersection of Adell Place and Park Avenue in Elmhurst. The following is the Race Day Schedule:
- 6:45 AM – Registration opens and will remain open until the start of the race
- 7:00 AM – Shuttle service will run from three different locations until noon, for further information click here.
- 7:30 AM – Race will begin
- 8:54 AM – Jim Cornelison, Blackhawk National Anthem Singer, performs the National Anthem
- 9:00 AM – Race starts
- 10:00 AM – Awards in Tent
There will be three locations for parking on the day of the race where a shuttle service will be provided:
- Elmhurst College Main Lot – on Alexander Street across from the football field
- Larch Avenue Parking Deck – on First Street just east of the YMCA, north side of tracks
- Residential Street Parking – outside the perimeter of the race course, as marked
To see a map of the pick-up and drop-off shuttle locations, click here.
We also need some volunteers for this event! Are you tech savvy? Do you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or IPad Mini? If you answered “Yes!” to all these questions, then we need you! Contact Anne O’Dell if you are interested, 630.682.3846, ext. 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great way to support our mission of ending homelessness.