2nd Annual Swing for 40
Sunday, August 26th, 2018 – 11:00am
Frontier Park, Naperville
Batter up and support DuPagePads Swing for 40 on Sunday, August 26, 2018 beginning at 11am. The second annual DuPagePads softball tournament will help us hit homelessness out of the park while having fun competing against other teams at the Frontier Park Softball Fields in Naperville.
With the goal of raising $40,000, all donations will go to DuPagePads to assist families and individuals who are homeless.
Registration is now open! There are two ways join in on the fun:
1. Start a Team
If you enjoy minor league competition, major league fun and you’re looking for a great way to help your community, follow these easy steps:
- Reserve your team spot
Register Your Team
- Once you raise $500, you will be able to reserve your team’s t-shirt color preference (first come, first served)!
- Help your team meet or exceed a fundraising goal of $2,500. The team that raises the most money will receive a trophy!
2. Donate to a Team
Not able to attend? You can still make the event a success by donating to a team to help them reach their fundraising goal.
Donate to a Team
Every donation of at least $25 enters individuals in a raffle for amazing prizes: Cubs tickets, White Sox tickets, jerseys and even a bat signed by Cubs legend Ernie Banks.
Click here to see prizes
Funds raised will help enable DuPagePads to assist families and individuals who are homeless by providing housing coupled with support services and employment. Through supporting the Swing for 40, you have the opportunity to transform people’s lives.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the rules and overall details?
- Each team will have a minimum of 10 players, including at least 3 female players
- There are 4 tournament softball fields that are lined with bases provided
- This tournament is single elimination, but all teams are guaranteed 2 games
- Games are 7 innings in length
- 10 players in the field, with a minimum of 3 females at all times (barring injury)
- There are no set positioning requirements (e.g., male/female alignment)
- 14″ mush balls will be used and provided
- Female players will be permitted to use a glove or mitt, male players will not
- Umpires will be present in every field within tournament play (post elimination games between teams will not have formal umpires present, but will have a mat for calling balls and strikes and likely a volunteer umpire)
- Each bat starts with a 1 ball/1 strike out
- Foul ball w/2 strikes is an out
- Bat up to 12 batters with players being able to sub in and out if they choose to do so
- Each team keeps a score book
- For each team’s initial game, there are no set thresholds as to when a game is called, but there will be a 75-minute time limit. Thereafter, we defer to the Naperville Softball Rules of a 15 run lead at the end of 5 innings or a 12 run lead at the end of 6 innings, results in a called game.
- If not mentioned above, Naperville Softball League Rules apply
What should I bring and/or wear?
Team t-shirts, balls and bats will be provided.
Suggestions for what to wear/bring (optional):
- Baseball pants/jeans
- Baseball cleats/gym shoes
- Glove (women only)
- Water bottle
- Lawn chair
Is there an age minimum for this event?
Yes! This tournament is for ages 12 and up and all abilities are welcome to participate!
Will there be food and beverages on site?
Water and gatorade will be provided.
Food will be available for purchase during the game from Puff Truck Pizza food truck!
Grilling/cooking food is not allowed.
Immediately following the event, there will be a post-tournament pizza celebration at The Foundry, 85 Executive Dr, Aurora with pizza generously provided by one of our sponsors, Salerno’s Pizza. Salerno’s Pizza will also be providing the winning team with “bonus surprise” items!
Are bathroom facilities and parking nearby?
Yes – very close to the fields.
Can I bring a tent?
Yes, however the tents must be no more than 10’x10′ and should be pop-up only.
Will there be other activities for those not participating?
Yes! We will have bags sets set-up for spectators and those players who have been eliminated in earlier rounds. We want people to stick around and have fun!
Will there be a post-tournament celebration?
Can I take photos/videos? Where can I see event photos post-tournament?
Yes! Please do take photos/videos and share on social media. Feel free to “tag” our page @DuPagePads.
Event Photos will be posted on our website once the event is over.
Thank you to our sponsors
Have questions? Contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.682.3846 ext. 2290