Thank You Volunteers! – National Volunteer Week 2019
National Volunteer Week is here – April 7th-13th!
We want to thank our 4,000 volunteers for their dedicated support of our mission to end homelessness. Last year these volunteers donated 68,549 hours of service, the equivalent of 33 full-time employees!
With YOUR astounding donation of time and talents, DuPagePads was able to have the following impact this past year:
- The Interim (Overnight) Housing Program:
- Was open 365 nights a year and 37,744 nights of shelter were provided
- 119,912 meals were served, an average of 329 a day for those who might otherwise go without
- The Client Service Center:
- The Career/Employment Solutions Program:
- Served 191 individuals
- Assisted 130 people in finding employment
- Partnered with 124 local employers
- The Supportive Housing Program:
- Offered 94 Supportive Housing apartments
- Provided permanent housing for 163 individuals and 43 children
- Served 1,115 individuals including 193 children
- Reduced the average length of stay by 37%, from 57 days to 36 days
- Assisted 330 families and individuals in obtaining permanent housing
We are truly grateful for the transformations your support helps make possible.
But we are not the only ones.
DuPagePads clients share their appreciation:
- “Thank you for giving your time to help people in need. You are truly appreciated and I want to thank you for your selfless acts of kindness.”
- “Thank you for being there when I had no one else to turn to.”
- “Thank you volunteers for your kindness, patience and generosity”
- “You have been a ray of hope in our lives. Thank you!”
Click on each picture to read about individual success stories!
DuPagePads LOVES celebrating our volunteers!
Do you know an exceptional DuPagePads Volunteer?
If you know someone who goes above and beyond as a volunteer, please tell us about them! Nominate someone who has shown exemplary support and hospitality to our clients, and dedication of our mission to ending homelessness.
DuPagePads will send letters of recognition and certificates to all nominees in May.
All nominations need to be submitted by Friday, April 26th.
Click on the pictures below to read Volunteer Spotlights!