6 Rewarding Ways to Get Involved This Summer
At DuPagePads we have a variety of opportunities for anyone to be involved. Your assistance can help end homelessness in DuPage County! Make this summer count and read below about 6 Rewarding Ways to Get Involved This Summer:
- Volunteer at an overnight site – Did you know summer is the most challenging time to fill volunteer shifts? By serving at an overnight site, you are helping provide critical meals, shelter, and support for all 365 nights of the year. Learn more here.
- Donate a meal or bag lunch – Do you or your friends like to spend time in the kitchen? Donations of breakfast, lunch and dinner for our Interim (Overnight) Housing sites are greatly needed this summer. Providing a meal for the families and individuals who are homeless with your family, co-workers, congregations or service groups can be a great team building activity.
Find out more about our meal needs.
- Volunteer at a festival – Volunteer in a fun atmosphere, with live music, tasty food, and refreshing beverages. The more volunteers we recruit, the more proceeds are donated back to our mission to end homelessness. Often festival volunteers receive perks like free admission and an event t-shirt.
Shifts fill up fast – contact Linda today if you are interested in any of the events below: Lflo@dupagepads.org
- Rotary GroveFest in Downers Grove – June 23-25
- Ribfest in Naperville – June 30 –July 3; Headliners this year include Toby Keith & the B-52s
- Naperville’s 5th Annual Ale Fest – Saturday, July 15
- Naperville Jaycee’s Last Fling – September 1-4
- Take part in the Goose Island Release Party – Thursday, June 8th from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. Be one of the first to try Goose Island’s new Cascara Grisette, an uncommon style of beer Goose Island is happy to be pairing with Empire Burgers & Brews. All proceeds from ticket sales will go towards our mission of ending homelessness! Learn more about this special event and reserve your tickets here!
- Dine at Texas Roadhouse in Naperville on Monday, June 12 or Tuesday, June 13 evening. Present this flyer and 10% of your TOTAL tab will be donated back to DuPagePads! Enjoy a delicious meal while contributing to our mission.
- Enjoy $1 hotdogs, soda and select beer at DuPagePads Night at the Kane County Cougars on Thursday, July 13. Stick around after the game for fireworks set to 80’s music. Reserve your tickets here and a portion of the ticket sales will go towards our mission to end homelessness!
- Buy a variety of concert, theatre, or sporting tickets through Tix 4 Cause. You can select DuPagePads and we will receive a portion of the ticket sale.
- Support Drive for 75 –Hosted by Continental Motors of Naperville and Autobahn Country Club, DuPagePads 7th Annual Drive for 75 is a thrilling four-hour karting race to raise $75,000 for our mission to end homelessness on Sunday, June 25. 14 teams will race fast karts around a custom track at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. Consider donating to help our teams reach their goal.
- Run 4 Home – Invite your family, friends and co-workers to DuPagePads 13th Annual Run 4 Home – 10K and 5K Run, 5K Walk on Saturday, September 16, 2017. Race your way through the winding streets of Wheaton knowing you are helping to end homelessness one step at a time.Awards will be given out to the group with the most participants, King/Queen of the Hill, top fundraisers, and fastest times. Learn more here.NEW this year is a kid’s corner with face painting, games, prizes and more! Register Today!